Places

Churches

Wooden Greek Catholic Church of St Nicholaus, 1658, NKP

Monuments and temples - Churches

Wooden Greek Catholic Church of St Nicholaus in Bodružal is one of the oldest wooden churches in Slovakia. The construction of the church dates back to 1658. The patron saint of the temple is Bishop Nicholaus, the Miracle Worker. Sant Nicholaus around the year 300 became the Bishop of Mir, in Asia Minor. He was distinguished by immeasurable charity. He is one of the favourite saints of Christians all over the world. He died of old age and was buried in the Church in Mir. He rested there until the year 1087 when his remains were transferred to the Italian port city of Bari.

Our mobile app

a mobile tourist guide to Jarosław and Svidnik
Nasza witryna wykorzystuje pliki cookies, m.in. w celach statystycznych. Jeżeli nie chcesz, by były one zapisywane na Twoim dysku zmień ustawienia swojej przeglądarki. Więcej na ten temat...